Sexuality is a beautiful gift designed to be an expression of love within a godly marriage. The reality, however, is that warriors who are single and those who are married both struggle with sexual temptation. Too often they give in.
Romans 13 makes it clear that you can—and must—overcome lust and temptation. Living in a way that satisfies lust is irresponsible. It damages yourself and your relations—with God and others.
“Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts” (Romans 13:13-14, NKJV).
To avoid falling into this trap:
- Practice being aware of the presence of Jesus in every part of your life.
- Read the Bible and pray regularly.
- Memorize scripture—and quote it when you are tempted.
- Avoid placing yourself in potentially compromising situations.
- Control your thought life by avoiding unwholesome images and content on the Internet, in magazines, on television, and in other areas.
- Stay away from places that are unpleasing to God.
- Make a friend your accountability partner.
When you put on the Lord Jesus Christ and live in the conscious reality of His presence, it becomes natural to put ungodly actions to death and live in sexual purity.
The content of this article comes from “The Warrior’s Bible” (2014) and is copyrighted by Life Publishers International. Used with permission.