Many people go through life without really understanding that they have value and purpose.
Maybe you feel that way too, but you were designed and destined for much more out of life than that. In fact, God created you for greatness!
Why do so many people struggle then? Perhaps they fail to realize that they are of value to God. Everyone has a common problem. We fail. The Bible calls that tendency to fail sin. Our wrong actions create a separation between God and us that must be closed before we can live according to our purpose.
Placing Faith in Jesus
Jesus bridged that gap for us by going to the cross at Calvary. He took the cost of our sin on Himself so we could find peace with God and live a life filled with purpose. You can have a friendship with Jesus that creates an inner confidence that allows you to live beyond your failures. It starts with a prayer:
Dear Jesus, I know that I fail… a lot! I know I need to find forgiveness and peace to live a purposeful and valuable life. Please forgive me. I accept your sacrifice on my account. I want to live for you. Help me to make a new start. Help me to live strong. In Your name, I pray. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer and meant it, you are a whole new person. You have a whole new destiny. Below are three true statements about you that can help you live according to God’s design for your life. We call it:
Our Identity in Christ
When you read this declaration, it should be read aloud so that you can hear what you are reading. Faith comes from hearing the word of Christ (Rom. 10:17). You can also go to the Scripture verses to check it out. When you do not know what to believe, what to do, when you are weak, confused, keep on declaring your identity in Christ, until it will renew your mind and change your perspective. What God has to say about who you are is more important than what other people think about you. You should declare this at least every day until your mind is taught to accept that this is you.
I AM ACCEPTED
- John 1:12—I am God`s child.
- John 15:15—I am Christ`s friend.
- Rom. 5:1—I have been justified.
- 1 Cor. 6:17—I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him.
- 1 Cor. 6:19–20—I have been bought with a price. I belong to God.
- 1 Cor.12:27—I am a member of Christ`s Body.
- Eph. 1:1—I am a saint.
- Eph. 1:5—I have been adopted as God`s child.
- Eph. 2:18—I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
- Col. 1:14—I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
- Col. 2:10—I am complete in Christ.
I AM SECURE
- Rom. 8:1-2—I am free from condemnation.
- Rom. 8:28—I am assured that in all things God works together for good with those who love him.
- Rom. 8:31–34—I am free from any condemning charges against me.
- Rom. 8:35–39—I cannot be separated from the love of God.
- 2 Cor. 1:21–22—I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
- Phil. 1:6—I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected.
- Phil. 3:20—I am a citizen of heaven.
- Col. 3:3—I am hidden with Christ in God.
- 2 Tim. 1:7—I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and self-control.
- Heb. 4:16—I can find grace and mercy to help me in time of need.
- 1 John 5:18—I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.
I AM SIGNIFICANT
- Matt. 5:13–14—I am the salt and light of the earth.
- John 15:1, 5—I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life.
- John 15:16—I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
- Acts 1:8—I am a personal witness for Christ.
- 1 Cor. 3:16—I am God`s temple.
So here is the bottom line:
If you prayed the prayer above, click on the button below. Someone who can answer questions you may have will connect with you and help you move forward! You’ve begun a journey with Christ that can last a lifetime and longer. We want to take that journey with you, every step of the way.